Border Quick Facts (2010)
Length of border: 8,891 km / 5,525 miles
(land and water)
- Vehicular land ports of entry: 119 U.S. and 120 Cdn.
- Road crossings: 24 bridges and 1 tunnel
- Rail crossings: 6 bridges and 3 tunnels
- Trucks crossing the border each day: 28,814
- Trusted traveller and shipper locations: 17 NEXUS and 19
- Cars and other vehicles crossing the border each day:
- Travellers per year by road: 52 million (2009)
- Total Canada-U.S. trade: $501 billion CDN / $486 billion USD
- Daily road trade: $797 million CDN / $774 million USD
- Daily rail trade: $233 million CDN / $226 million USD
*Some Canadian and U.S. port-of-entry locations are only one-way
and result in an unequal number of road crossings.